It is currently 01 May 2024, 03:01

Forum » Public Section » Recruits

Post subject: Shadsblock app
PostPosted: 16 Nov 2023, 02:02 

1. Tell us about your character.
Including name, armory link, logs if you have any, if your gear is strange for any specific reason, those kinds of things.

Current "main" Shadsblock Previously Shadsblock of Draenor and the artist formally known as Shadsblock of Tauren Mill.
https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com/en ... Shadsblock

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/76635451

2. Tell us about your WoW history and raiding experience.
Including when you started playing/raiding; what other classes used to be your main and when you started playing your current main; what guilds you've been in; what raiding experience you have in current and recent content, as well as further back if relevant.

I started in Vanilla as a young whipper snapper, twinkle in my eye not knowing whats the horrors of a wow addiction would do to a child social status.
Ive played Every class and spec in a raiding environment, im more accomplished in certain spec and classes than others.
Namely Tanking, i was a MT for about 16 years in various different guilds across many servers before moving on to try and main something different (dps/healer). I tanked last tier for a "fun" guild i was in.

Have experience of being a GM where ive led 2 mythic guilds over 2 separate expansions to some success namely last boss mythic progress, always the bridesmaid never the bride...

My overall raiding experience is;
Pre mythic days clearing HC very week on multiple alts. ( I had alot of free time, life without children is was so peaceful)
Post mythic days have been a mixed bag, due to my own "dedication" to the raiding scene.. whilst i believe you can raid in a fun engaging manner most mythic guilds nowadays require you to sell your soul in the name of quick fast easy progress, so ive tended to fall in and out of the mythic scene ( unless i was the GM).

Like i say i have "mained" all classes to a degree, but i would say warrior, (tank and dps) Dk(tank and dps) and, Pally(tank dps and healer) have been the overwhelming majority of time played, Mage being top 5 i would have a guess.
Im still "Kinda" fresh to mythic raiding as a dps, i do have some experience of it namely Boomie in Dazzarlor, warlock in Asharas Palace, Mage/Unholy DK in The raid with daddy D forgot its name(shadowlands "shudders" and some mage in the last tier "mostly HC".

I can provide these logs if i can find them.

3. Tell us a little about yourself, outside of the game.
Im Si, just call me shads everybody does? im 34 male from the Uk in sheffield city of steel in gods own county of yorkshire,
Im single but burdened with an amazing 10 year old boy.
Im a simple man, monkey brain. currently smashing my way through the galaxy in emperors name in Darktide on my ogryn tank :)
Likes sports, working out.. wondering where my youthfull vigor went .. you know the drill.
4. We raid Thursday, Sunday, Monday most resets, which days and how many days a week are you generally interested in raiding?
All 3 unless, the evil crone that is said childs mothers demands i look after my spouse.

5. How much do you play per week outside of raids?

In days of old i would say everyday for at least a few hours, but with the quality of the last few xpacs that has been dwindling more and more.
I plan to be present for at least the foreseeable future in your guild id accepted.

6. Why did you leave your last guild, or why are you leaving your current guild? (Can be communicated privately to an officer.)
I fell into the honeypot of sexy female GM, began a relationship and then quickly realised she was batshit and decided it was time to take a break from wow.

7. Why are you interested in joining Lazy Peon Tavern and from where did you find out about us?
I like the old school vibe, its 100% me. when i was GM i enforced many oldschool values like talking in Guild chat i know right? what a world.
I would say our values align pretty well, apart from the no discord i feel its a great tool and should be used for guilds. But it will not be a problem for me to use team speak and the forums, but i will need help setting team speak up as its been about 14 years?? since i last used it.

Wow is a social game first and foremost its what keeps us all playing after the delight of new content has dwindled, i hope i can find a "home" here.

8. What is your favourite thing/s in the game outside of raiding.
Running in a circle around valdrakken ofc.

9. What annoys you the most in the game?
Lazyness, selfishness.. specially in a raiding environment when 20+ other people have set time aside to raid and a few special kind of people take liberty's with that.

10. Have you read our recruit and guild information on our website, and are you 18+ years old?

Yes, unfortunately i am well over 18 :(

11. Anything you'd like to add?
Dont think so i think i pretty much covered most things. I am a very open person so if you have any question at all feel free to ask.

Post subject: Re: Shadsblock app
PostPosted: 16 Nov 2023, 04:48 

Hello Shadsblock,

Thank you for a great written application! There are so many things to comment on, it was a really fun read. Since I decided we will bring you to the raid tonight, we will comment on daddy d and crazy GMs later, and just say: we accept your application!

Poke me in game for an invite. :)

Post subject: Re: Shadsblock app
PostPosted: 16 Nov 2023, 15:59 

Quote:
we will comment on daddy d and crazy GMs later
A gentleman never kisses and tells.

Quote:
Poke me in game for an invite.
Awesome, i will when i get on later! thanks

Forum » Public Section » Recruits