It is currently 17 May 2024, 07:46

Forum » Public Section » Public

Post subject: What happened to Reported?
PostPosted: 03 Sep 2018, 23:30 

TLDR:
We had a resto druid in the guild for 2 months, in 2018, at the end of Legion/launch of BFA, named Reported-Silvermoon. He had recently passed trial when we were told he had been rude towards a random mage in a dungeon (see below). We found the rudeness strange and chose to remove Reported from the guild (also below). For the next two years he kept making level 1 alts to whisper "spit" or about us being "boost scammers!" to our guildies (see examples below). To begin with we weren't sure who the person was, since the character would instantly log out and not be found on armory; and once we knew it was him (see how we found out below) we ignored it for a good while (just posted about it below). At some point we decided to start reporting his messages to Blizzard, and eventually contacted his current guild and him, to try to make it stop. It took almost 2 years for it to stop in 2020.

2 years later, in 2022, he re-emerged and changed his tactic from whispering us to talking about us with others. He now spams about us being mythic+ boost scammers in general chat and to strangers in dungeons (see examples below).

This is our forum-thread about Reported, pretty much as the events are happening. We moved it to a public section of our forum to link as reference in one of our reports to Blizzard.

Reported's main: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/silvermoon/Reported
2022 new main: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/silvermoon/klinkee/

--------------------------------------------------------------
Original post:

Almost two weeks ago a mage contacted me via in game mail to alert me that Reported had been acting poorly in a dungeon. He linked the following screenshots:

For clarification the first whispers weave into the party conversation (mage apparently has 2 separate chats for whispers and party), check the timestamps to figure out the sequence. When the mage calls Reported a dick, Reported has just left the party (after offering items and then leaving instead of trading) and then Reported again offers items in whisper, and then scraps them after saying "GOGGLE GIT". And then the mage screenshotted the encounter and sent it to me.

I had a conversation with Reported about this not being ok behaviour. He claimed the mage had done rude emotes and said rude things that weren't included in the screenshots. He said he lost his temper because the mage was so toxic. I asked him that no matter what, not have this happen again.

I apologised to the mage, who claimed that the screenshots were not edited.

Since then this has been something we have been discussing (several people where there when i read the mail from the mage so from the start 5 or 6 more people knew something had happened) on Teamspeak on and off. Jokes have been made about "goggle GIT". And the further the talks have gone the more it's become clear there is no point keeping Reported around, because who knows what weird stuff he could do next.

Today we fired him. He especially asked that I screenshot our conversation and post on our forum so I will do so. It gets strange, especially regarding GDPR.

:P

Post subject: Re: What happened to Reported?
PostPosted: 04 Sep 2018, 01:28 

I've seen plenty through the years but this is a whole different level.
Whoa. I thought the guy was nuts when it got to the whole GDPR shebang, the Occupation/Interest just shows a massive anger/lack of control problem.

I hope he finds therapy for his sake and those around him, if what is above is his true personality he's a liability to himself and others.

Also not to be mean but am I the only one that kept thinking of this every time he called the poor mage Git?
I know its slang but the 'Google git' was the nail in the coffin for me lmao

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2018, 04:37 

1. GDPR does not work the way he thinks.
2. He lacks honesty.
3. He is paranoid.
4. He lacks the ability to reflect over own behaviour.
5. He does not respect your leadership.

Conclusion : This was the right call.

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2018, 05:27 

And one more thing :

What disturbing things did Luria say on TS that Reported reacted to ? xD
I feel i must have missed a juicy story here ^^

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2018, 07:14 

Well he at least has the impression that I press screenshot every other minute, so I have documentation of everything that happens in wow. I must sometimes give the impression that I do that because this is not the first time I heard that. I will now debunk that and say that the only things i take screenshots of are arguments where i think "ok, this could become a he said she said thing", and that happens very seldom in our guild to be frank. It's part protection towards having someone else say that I said something I didn't say, and part to remind me what was said - as if we talk about it again later I don't want to put words in their mouth. And most of those screenshots I post on the forum as a "this is what happened when we failed X's trial", as that is usually the reason I'm arguing.

So beyond that, I don't have a register of screenshots - I have to disappoint. And I believe the worst argument I ever had with a guildie was over voicechat.

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2018, 12:16 

Tbh from a position of leadership keeping logs of arguments is only reasonable, I had to do it too when I was an officer and had members talking behind other officer's back in guild chat in a foreign language. I only remember logs being brought up two times across almost a year of lurking these forums and in both cases it was due to failed trials that ended in a rather interesting way to say the least, reported's case fits the bill just as well.

I've been around for a while and I never got the impression of that and even regarding the TS comments I've known Luria to be someone who enjoys banter and throws jokes back and forth, never actually seen her stepping on anyone's toes unless she had a degree of familiarity with the person where you could tell both of them knew it was just a joke with no harm in mind.

So all in all he is weird but his choice of char name is perfect and fits him great.

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2018, 15:50 

I didnt realise reported had left thats a shame because he was a good healer and personally i never had any issues with him whatsoever. The snitching from the mage i also find a bit weird as it wasnt that bad from what i read above, i mean do some heroics/LFR or whatever and the abuse you get from Aholes is miles worse (not once have i ever thought i know i will grass them up to their GM and get them booted).

The convo back and forth went from a telling off to a GDPR nonsense debate which is even more bizarre.

I guess i have thinker skin than some but being called a git a few times in a 5man i would just laugh and probably ignore the Mage. Gawd knows about the /spit stuff either.

All seems a bit of an over reaction to me and now he is gone but hey i am glad i dont have to deal with this stuff

PostPosted: 06 May 2019, 21:18 

Followup!

Since Reported left the guild there has been a few times when someone has whispered Luria or Teldryn: "/spit" or "Spit". The whispers always come from a crossream character who logs out straight after they whisper. I think the first time it happened to me, was like a level 3 character. After the first time it happened me and Teldryn contemplated who it could be, and our top suspect was Reported. Out of anyone that had left the guild, he did seem like the type.

Today it happened again, from a monk on Ravencrest.

This time the character was higher level and I decided to check the char out, and it seems the Reported-assumption was correct :o

8 months later and I guess he still thinks we are "gits". :o

PostPosted: 06 May 2019, 21:36 

Silly man, gogglegit

PostPosted: 09 May 2019, 10:28 

Hahahah commitment though.

Forum » Public Section » Public